I am sure the blistering heat this summer has caused all you ladies to desperately look for outfits which can help you to keep your cool. Many of you should be facing a dilemma – whether to go for something fashionable or try to seek respite from the heat in comfortable outfits. But do you really have to choose between fashion and comfort? Can’t you enjoy the best of both worlds?
Most ladies struggle with indecision over what to wear when the sun is blasting. And you probably already know that when it comes to comfort, there is nothing better than kurtis and kurtas. However if you are not careful you may end up with a fabric which makes the situation worse. Most fabrics can’t absorb sweat and as a result, they tend to get stuck to your body. They make you feel uncomfortable no matter how nice and fashionable the dress looks.
So the idea is to be careful about your choice of fabric during the summer months.
Everybody knows that cotton is good for summer season, but an important thing to keep in mind is that there are many myths about fabrics. For example, you will discover in this article that rayon may not be as bad as you believe it to be. In fact, good quality rayon can make you feel more comfortable than cotton in some cases.
Let’s find out which fabric offers what advantages with regard to protecting you from the blasting sun:
When it comes to choosing a fabric for the summer months, cotton is undoubtedly on the top of the list.
Here at Kurti Fashion, we find that cotton kurtis and kurtas are always the best sellers from May to June and not without good reasons.
In a recent post, I discussed how cotton is a great choice, but let’s dig deeper and try to find out why you should wear this fabric during the summer months:
- Cotton works like a towel. It keeps your body sweat-free by removing moisture. It takes a lot of liquid to make cotton feel damp on your body because it prevents sweat from stinking to the skin.
- Cotton is a good insulator keeping heat at bay during the summer months. The thermal insulation is one of the biggest reasons why you should wear cotton kurtis.
- Thanks to the thermal insulation feature, you will feel comfortable in cotton clothes even when you are involved in an intense physical activity such as exercise. The fabric is soft and easily stretchable, yet another reason why you will feel comfortable in cotton clothes.
- Since cotton prevents the clothes from sticking to your body, you won’t be at the risk of developing rashes or skin allergies.
Here are some latest design cotton kurtis from our inventory:
- White cotton kurti and dupatta set with printsProduct on sale
- Cotton kurti and pant with bandhani dupatta [AM – 1315]Product on sale
- White cotton kurti, pant and dupatta with kalamkari work [AM-1310]Product on sale
- 3-piece cotton kurti, pant and dupatta in green colour [AM – 1305]Product on sale
- 2-piece kurti, pant in cotton for summer season [AM-1299]Product on sale
- Cotton kurti, pant set in block print [AM-1183]Product on sale
Rayon and silk kurtis
Both rayon and silk are great choices of fabrics for the summer months. The reason is the fabric thickness. Rayon and silk are very thin fabrics. It makes the clothes feel comfortable and light. However when it comes to absorbing heat, they are not as good as cotton. This negative is balanced out by the fact that rayon and cotton-made clothes are very light weight. It prevents cloths from sticking to the body.
While rayon is a man-made or synthetic fabric, silk is derived from the cocoons of silkworms. Rayon is cheaper than silk, but gives more or less the same sizzling appearance.
An important thing to keep in mind is that you should pick a fabric depending on how your body responds to heat. If you sweat a lot, you should wear outfits made of natural fabrics such as cotton and linen. Rayon may be synthetic, but the fact that it’s very thin is its biggest advantage.
Let me know in comments which fabric is your favourite and why!